The National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) is designed to protect consumers from fraud and unsafe vehicles and to keep stolen vehicles from being resold. NMVTIS is also a tool that assists states and law enforcement in deterring and preventing title fraud and other crimes.
Consumers can use NMVTIS to access important vehicle
- The Potential Safety Hazards of Flood-Damaged Vehicles
Read the NMVTIS Advisory
- Private Sector Joins Justice Department in Protecting Consumers from Vehicle Fraud and Unsafe Vehicles
Read the Press Release
- California Assembly Bill 1215
Read the California Assembly Bill 1215 FAQs
- DOJ's NMVTIS Enforcement Program
Read the NMVTIS Final Penalty Decision Considerations
- DOJ's NMVTIS Reporting Entity Webinar
Read the NMVTIS Reporting Entity Webinar Presentation
Use of the DOJ seal and NMVTIS logo is not allowed without prior approval. Please e-mail NMVTIS@usdoj.gov for further information.